6 Facts about Diego Schwartzman
1. When Diego was 13 years old, a doctor told him he wouldn't grow beyond 5-foot-7. It didn't sit well with Schwartzman, who had dreams of becoming a professional tennis player from an early age. The doctor's prediction came when only three of the 23 players to hold the ATP World Tour No.1 ranking at the time measured below 5-foot-11 (Marcelo Rios, 5-foot-9; Lleyton Hewitt and Jimmy Connors, both 5-foot-10).
2. With a passion for the sport at a young age, he began training early on and made if debut appearance in 2010 at the age of 17. He went on to win several titles and made his first appearance in the main draw of a Grand Slam event at the 2014 French Open.
3. He is just five feet and seven inches (1.70m) tall and is nicknamed “El Peque” (“the small one”).
4. In 2017, he was the best returner of serve in the World, by winning a leading number of return games won at 36%.
5. He is the shortest Jewish tennis player to ever make to the top 100 tennis players list and apart from his rocketing tennis career, he has a huge social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram.